Marie, Congratulations on the Versatile Blogger award!
Archive for June 10th, 2012
I was nominated for this award by thetruthwarrior.wordpress.com. Take a look at this quote from a post:
So how do we start loving ourselves?
We start with ~
~ Just being gentle and kind to ourselves for where we are right now.
~ Treat ourselves how we would treat a lover.
~ Taking ourselves out for a date and make ourselves feel special and wonderful.
~ Saying No and saying Yes, when it feels true for us to do so.
~ Trusting the voice within.
~ Not comparing ourselves to anybody or anything.
~ Saying yes to who you are and all that you can be.
~ Just being good to ourselves.
~ Trusting ourselves and letting go of all expectations and need.
~ Saying to ourselves that we really are doing our best.
~ Saying its okay to be me.
~ Embracing, accepting and loving the beautiful, fantastic person that you are!!! “
That’s just brilliant! And how could that not make you want to go back again and again and again.
I adore this blog!
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So here goes 7 things about myself;
- I want to go to Prague and Budapest when my PhD is completed. And I would love to do the Poland Retreat with Roshi Bernie Glassman and the Zen Peacemakers.
- I’m an INFJ in the Myers-Briggs personality test .
- My life is about to change in a big way.
- I love going on retreat and could do it all the time. . . I don’t get much chance to go any more.
- I am happiest when I am by the shore and with those I love.
- I am tired of theories and books. I want to be here, now, and be present.
- I like to dance in the dark and moonbathe.
Now, to nominate 15 other bloggers with the Versatile Blogger award. I wish I could nominate all of my favorites because I seriously love you all, but I’m only allowed to pick 15. Here they are (in no particular order):
Thank you all for what you write, post, create, and bring to the table. I appreciate the community and all it has to offer and teach.
- Versatile Blogger (defehrpoetry.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Awards Presented By Lily Wight ~ The Arcade of Arts & Arcana (lilywight.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award (walkswithyogi.wordpress.com)
- “Surely you must be jokin’? Me, Blog Award?” – “I’m not jokin’ and don’t call me Shirley.” TY! Tammy @NovelOpinion (novelistandyholloman.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (tamlinsey.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award (thegirlinyogapants.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award (megganconnors.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award #Gratitude – Times 2 (richweatherly.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (thehappiestcow.wordpress.com)
- A Greenhorn Blogger’s First Award! (thefishermanswife.me)
From Shambala Sun I found this guided meditation by Jack Kornfield. I think of him as the first person (teacher) who truly opened up the possibilities of meditation to me many years ago. I lived very near his center and was lucky enough to visit often as well.
You can sample his gentle guidance here:
He's written a new book that includes guided meditations of which the above is one.